Perform Chromatography Without Clarification
machroSTM is a revolutionary single-use chromatography platform to simplify the purification of biologics from complex mixtures without requiring any clarification prior to the affinity capture step. There are multiple applications of this platform ranging from bioprocessing to medical devices and therapeutics.
machroS is being applied to solve challenges associated with the manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies vaccines and cell and gene therapy products. Examples include:
- Direct purification of mAbs and other recombinant therapeutics from cell culture
- Direct purification of viruses and viral vectors (e.g. Lenti and AAV) from cell culture can acheive >500% recovery of viruses than current purification methods that require harvest clarification and anion-exchange chromatography.
There are several benefits of using machroS for bioprocessing as compared to processes that require traditional column chromatography.
- Direct affinity capture eliminates the need for primary and secondary clarification
- Successful direct purification of hIgG from challenging starting material containing >6g/L of hIgG with >30 g/L of contaminating proteins and very high cell densities (>40% packed cell volume) using a standard Protein A ligand
- Single-use: Short cycle time enables high cycle numbers (>50) of machroS media within a shift of 8 hours
- Fast mass transfer with a dynamic binding capacity of 40 g/L (>90% capture of human IgG in <30 seconds)
- Chemically-defined chromatography media
- Better quality of product due to shorter processing times and shorter exposure to degrading enzymes
- Lower costs
- Robust and scalable
- Completely closed system
- Less capital and infrastructure requirements
We are also applying this technology to fight pandemics and threats from novel pathogens in a different way. We are not manufacturing drug products against pathogens. Instead our novel medical device based on the machroS platform will isolate multiple doses of therapeutic antibodies against circulating pathogenic strains from each recovered donor. When the pathogen mutates the original drug product or vaccines may not be effective but the isolated therapeutic antibodies will still neutralize the current pathogen. The donor donates only the antibodies. Our technology will provide a much better safety profile for donors as well as recipients. We are sincerely thankful to the US National Science Foundation (NSF) for funding our technology to develop a COVID-19 therapeutic.
Please contact us if you would like to see a demo or try machroS with your process.